Cumbria’s Living Heritage
Cumbria’s Living Heritage is a consortium of historic houses, gardens, museums and cultural attractions in and around the Lake District, working together to promote their extensive programme of activities and events.
Cumbria’s Living Heritage is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cumbria’s Living Heritage may change this policy from time to time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our programming.
- We may periodically send emails about our events programme, special offers or competitions which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. In such circumstances we would only contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. We use traffic log cookies to identify which web pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contain links to Cumbria’s Living Heritage members websites However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can do so by emailing us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.